Pathway to Apprenticeship (PtA) - Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Coleg Sir Gar
- Successful completion of programme will ensure learners are work ready
- Five weeks minimum work placement with an employer
- Industry awareness visits
This electrical and electronic engineering course is a one year full time in college incorporating work placement within the industry.
This mandatory work experience will be for a minimum of 25 days and will take place during college holiday periods, starting in the October half term. Learners will study for a minimum of 30 hours per week and get a non means tested Educational Maintenance Allowance (EMA) grant of £30 per week. On successful completion of all components of the course, students will be provided with a toolkit (worth £200)
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above to include upper tier mathematics, English and a science subject
- Successful interview showing motivation and commitment to the programme
- Aptitude test /initial assessment
- Must be between 16-24
The pathways to Apprenticeships programme is part funded by the EU's European Social Fund ( ESF ) through the Welsh Government
Class tests, coursework, practical assessments
Successful completion of the programme will provide skills to be able to progress onto an employed status apprenticeship.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.