Performing Arts L2 Diploma at North Lindsey College
If acting, singing, dancing, or theatre production is your passion then you need to
start your career at NLC.
From performing on stage, TV or film to dancing or choreography, there are so many career and progression opportunities in this exciting, dynamic and creative industry, all of which we will prepare you for while studying with us.
Our growing performing arts department can offer a range of exciting projects and shows where you will be able to develop skills and gain performance experience. The Level 2 Diploma is a one year course, equivalent to four GCSEs, and is a foundation for students who wish to pursue a career in performing arts. The course specifically features skills in acting techniques, performing arts business, dance performance and musical theatre. All students will have regular opportunities to perform as part of our performing arts showcases and acting shows throughout the year. After this you may wish to graduate to a Level 3 course in Acting, Dance or Musical Theatre.
- Are you a dancer, singer or an actor?
- Are you passionate about performing?
- Do you want to work with professional actors and directors?
- Do you want to perform on stage in front of a live audience on a regular basis?
- Do you want to progress to a level 3 course?
- If you answered yes to any of these questions then this is the course for you!
- Potential students should have a basic level of acting or dance ability and/or experience in related performance work.
- 4 GCSEs at grade A*- D, including GCSE English at grade C or above and GCSE Maths
at grade D or above
- A satisfactory reference
- An audition consisting of one of the following:
- A 1 - 2 minute monologue of your choice
- A 1 minute dance routine or a song of your choice of 1 – 2 minutes either with or without backing track.
- Internal assessment - Assignments are set and marked by lecturers. You will produce
written reports, graphs, posters. You will also take part in time-constrained practical assessments and performances.
- External assessment - External assessment to support the broadest possible progression opportunities for level 2 learners. The amount of external assessment remains proportionate – at least 75% will be internally assessed with a maximum of 25% externally assessed.
- Functional skills and GCSEs are assessed by examination.
On completion of the Level 2 Performing Arts course you can progress onto the Level 3 (90 Credit) Diploma or Extended Diploma in Performing Arts, which in turn, leads onto entry into university, drama school, theatre management or the teaching profession. It could also launch you straight into the industry with advice given regarding acquiring a theatrical agent.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.