Sport BTEC Level 3 Diploma at Bilborough College
This qualification is suitable for students who want to keep their options open with regards to their future career and / or university course. Students with good grades in biology will do well on this course. As a 2 A-Level equivalent, this course allows students to study another subject at A-Level, BTEC Extended Certificate or BTEC Subsidiary.
You will study the following 8 units over two years:
- Sport and Exercise Physiology - written exam, externally assessed.
- Functional Anatomy - written externally assessed case study.
- Sports Psychology.
- Fitness Testing.
- Applied Research Methods.
- Coaching for Performance and Fitness.
Optional Units (students will study 2 of the following):
- Research Project.
- Sports Massage.
- Socio-Cultural Issues in Sport.
- Specialised Fitness Training.
All other units internally assessed via coursework which could be presentations, written reports, role plays, flyers
5 GCSE’s at C or above including English and Maths.
This qualification is intended for learners who aim to study a sports related degree at university.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bilborough College directly.