Physical Education and School Sport (Supporting Teaching & Learning) - Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 at Easton & Otley College
This programme prepares learners for employment in a school sport setting through providing an introduction to opportunities for them to work as a physical education and school sport professional e.g. as a higher level teaching assistant (HLTA), teaching assistant (TA), sports coach, sports development officer, sports volunteer or sports leader.
The apprenticeship framework is made up of different nationally recognised qualifications. Including:
- Level 3 Diploma in School Sport
- Level 3 Award in Employer Awareness in Active Leisure
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adult
- Schools as organisations
- Understand how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
- Understand child and young person development
- Support assessment for learning
- Plan a physical education and school sport programme
- Deliver a physical education and school sport programme
- Review the delivery of a physical education and school sport programme
- Organise and lead a sport event or competition
- Preparing for the mentoring role
- Support gifted and talented learners
- Facilitate community-based sport and physical activity and knowledge
- Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to thorough initial assessment to clarify course suitability.
- Entrants must have the ability to achieve Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics and be able to manage the requirements of a Level 3 vocational qualifications.
- Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment.
Apprentices successfully completing the Advanced Apprenticeship have opportunities to progress within the industry by developing a career in School Sport and/or teaching.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.