Construction and Built Environment Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma Year 1 at Eastleigh College
TThis programme will equip you with an excellent understanding of the construction and built environment sector.
The programme is assignment based with a practical and applied focus to learning.
You may undertake work experience which is regarded as an important part of the programme and students will undergo a week long placement in each year of their study.
This full-time programme is run over three days per week, and will require some additional work outside of College hours. 35 hours of work experience in the industry will be included in the programme.
You will have the opportunity to study the following units over two years:
- Health, Safety and Welfare
- Surveying in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Sustainable Construction
- Setting out processes
- Measurement, Estimating and Tendering
- Science and Materials
- Structural Mechanics
- Construction Technology and Design
- Building Surveying
- Building Technology
- Building Regulations and Control
- Project Management
- Graphical Detailing
- Further Mathematics
- Mechanical Services
- Design Procedures
Site visits will take place over the duration of the programme, and guest speakers from industry often come to the classes.
- You will need 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C, including Maths, English and Science.
- Students should also have good attendance and attainment reports from a previous school or college and successfully complete a college interview demonstrating commitment to study.
- This two year programme offers progression from the Subsidiary Diploma through to the Extended Diploma, dependent on your entry grades and achievement in year one.
Assessment is continuous throughout the programme, through assignments and coursework.
Additional costs incurred for the programme include the purchase of a text book, an electronic scientific calculator, a scale rule and safety boots for site visits.
Following successful completion, students may progress onto Higher Education or study at degree level. Alternatively students can continue with a professional Apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Eastleigh College directly.