Engineering (Electrical/Electronic Engineering) Level 3 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
This programme provides you with the necessary skills and knowledge to work in a variety of Electrical or Electronic Engineering roles, in both the service and manufacturing industries.
The course is practical and work-related, and you will learn by completing projects and assignments based on realistic workplace situations. The qualification is valued by both employers and universities, and will prepare you for both professional and educational progress.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- practical workshop sessions
- classroom sessions
- student centred work
- work experience
- virtual learning environment (MOODLE).
- Five GCSEs at Grade ‘C' or above including Maths, English or Welsh, and Science, and at least a grade B in Mathematics (Higher Tier), or
- Relevant Level 2 qualification
- Specific additional entry requirements will be discussed with you at interview
- Equivalent experience will be considered on an individual case basis
- Places on the programme are subject to interview
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- time constrained assignment
- ongoing observation
- assessment of your practical work, - multiple-choice tests
- written controlled assessments
The programme is widely accepted by Universities. You could progress onto a number of programmes at Grwp Llandrillo Menai including:
- HNC in General Engineering, available at Rhos-on-Sea
- HNC / HND Electrical and Electronic Technology, available at Bangor
University degrees might include: Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Power Engineering. Apprenticeships and Higher Apprenticeships are also an attractive option if you are looking for employment in the local area or with larger national companies.Career opportunities
Apprenticeships, Technicians & Engineers in:
- CNC Programmer
- Power & Energy
- Wind Turbine
Programme code: 0401A03B
Depending on the campus, students may be able to access elements of the programme in both English and Welsh through some programme learning materials being made available bilingually. Details will be provided to you at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.