Professional Cookery Level 1 at Wiltshire College
You need to pass a total of 12 units to achieve the full Diploma:
- Introduction to the catering and hospitality industry
- Food safety in catering
- Health and safety awareness for catering and hospitality
- Introduction to healthier foods and special diets
- Introduction to kitchen equipment
- Introduction to personal workplace skills
- Prepare and cook food by boiling, poaching and steaming
- Prepare and cook food by stewing and braising
- Prepare and cook food by baking, roasting and grilling
- Prepare and cook food by deep frying and shallow frying
- Regeneration of pre-prepared food
- Cold food preparation
There will be set work to complete at home,I.E.complete assignments and course work.
The assignment tasks are presented to candidates when judged ready for assessment. Assignments are graded pass, merit or distinction and detailed marking and grading criteria are provided for each assignment. All assignments are internally marked, graded and quality assured and a sample will be externally moderated.
The final qualifications will be a VRQ Level 1 Diploma in Introduction to Professional Cookery and a CIEH Level 2 Food Safety certificate.
- Level 2 N/SVQ in Hospitality (7082)
- Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery (7100-02)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wiltshire College directly.