Sport: Development, Coaching and Fitness (Level 3 Extended Diploma) at Central College Nottingham
This course is ideal if you would like to pursue a career in the Sport and Leisure industry including Sport Development Officer, Sport Performer and Coaching, PE Teaching or Working in the Health, Fitness and Exercise Industry.
Year 1 will focus on general sport units. In Year 2 you will specialise in one of these areas: Coaching and Sport Development, Exercise and Fitness or Business.
Units could include:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Physiology of Sport
- Fitness Training
- Exercise Health and Lifestyle
- Assessing Risk in Sport and Sports Coaching
- Analysis of Sport Performance and Talent ID
- Sport Development
- Fitness Testing
- Instructing Physical Activity and Exercise
- Practical Team and Individual Sport
- Sport Events
- Current Issues in Sport
- Outdoor Adventure
- Sport Massage and Sport Injuries
- Sport Psychology
- Leadership and Rules and Regulations
- Nutrition and Exercise for Specific Groups.
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
One of the following:
- 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C including English Language and Maths*
- A relevant Level 2 qualification including GCSE English Language and Maths* at grade A*-C
*Functional Skills may be accepted instead of GCSE English and/or Maths. Functional Skills Level 1 is equivalent to GCSE Grade D and Level 2 to GCSE Grade C.Adults who are aged 19+ with relevant industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
Assessment is from a wide range of methods. These include essays, reports, practical coaching, practical performance, discussions and presentations.
- Employment in the sport industry
- Level 3 study then onto Degree or Foundation Degree in Sport Coaching / Fitness / Science
- PE Teaching
- CYQ in Personal Training and other related qualifications
To support your application we will ask you to bring in a school report.
You will be expected to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
There may be opportunities for external visits and trips. You will need to purchase a sports kit (approximately £85) for use in practical sessions and at external events.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.