Art & Design UAL Level 1 Diploma at The City of Liverpool College
The UAL Level 1 Diploma in Art & Design provides a great way to start your career. This is a broad and exciting programme in which you will develop a wide range of skillls in Art and Design, as well as qualifications in English, maths and IT. This course will set you up really well with the skills and confidence to progress in college or to work towards a creative or design career which provide an extensive range of opportunities.
The course offers you an introduction to traditional Art and Design skills such as painting and drawing, with the chance to try out many other techniques across several different projects.
The course includes:
• Drawing with pencils and pastels
• Design crafts such as textiles, printing, ceramics, batik and 3D design
• Graphic Design and digital art techniques
• Self assessment
• Career planning and opportunities to meet up with different organisations linked to artistic and design careers.
This course caters for 16-18's and as part of the study programme you will be expected to study English, Maths, ICT and complete EEP hours and a work placement.
If you do not have GCSE English & Maths at grade C or above you will be expected to study them along side this course.
3 GCSE's at grade E or Pass at Entry Level or Equivalent + Interview and or initial assessment.
Progression opportunities include:
• UAL Level 2 Diploma in Art and Design (Visual Arts or Fashion Pathway) 16 - 18 Year Olds
• UAL Level 2 Diploma in Art & Design 19+
• UAL Level Diploma in Fashion 19+
• Or ABC Level 2 Diploma in Fashion Retail
Towards employment or self-employment in the creative industries and towards creative apprenticeships.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The City of Liverpool College directly.