Construction Operations Intermediate Level Apprenticeship at Wirral Metropolitan College
This apprenticeship is designed for applicants who are in paid employment within Construction Operations, to achieve the theory and practical elements of the qualifications which recognise the skills they gain in the workplace.
On this course you will cover Health and Safety, Construction Information and Communicating with others, Knowledge of Building Methods, Establishing Work Area Safety and Protection, Laying Drainage and Concreting.
It consists of approximately 40% theory and 60% practical.
Level 2 Diploma units:
- Know how to carry out safe working practices in construction
- Carry out safe working practices in construction
- Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others 2
- Information, quantities and communicating with others 2
- Knowledge of building methods and construction technology 2
- Building methods and construction technology 2
- Know how to establish work area protection and safety - general construction
- Establish work area protection and safety - general construction
- Know how to lay domestic drainage
- Lay domestic drainage
- Know how to place and finish non-specialist concrete
- Place and finish non-specialist concrete
Level 2 NVQ units:Mandatory Units
- Conforming to General Safety in the Workplace
- Conforming to Efficient Working Practices in the Workplace
- Establishing Work Area Protection and Safety in the Workplace
- Segregating the Area for Highways Works in the Workplace
- Laying Domestic Drainage in the Workplace
- Placing and Finishing Non-Specialist Concrete in the Workplace
Additional Level 1 units may be included to underpin and broaden the knowledge this area (i.e. Conform to general workplace safety).
Apprentices must be in paid employment of at least 30 hours a week. Candidates who already have a qualification at Level 4 or higher are not eligible.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course.
There is not an advanced apprenticeship for construction operations as requirements of the occupational area are covered at this level.
However, after gaining work experience there areopportunities to progress into plant operations related to construction operations and alsooccupational work supervision, management or technical support areas.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wirral Metropolitan College directly.