ICT OCR Cambridge Level 3 Technical Certificate at Bishop Douglass School
The OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technicals in ICT have been developed to recognise candidates’ skills, knowledge and understanding of ICT functions, environments and operations. They have been designed to accredit candidates’ achievements in a modern and practical way that is relevant to the workplace.
This qualification specifically aims to:
- Develop candidates’ knowledge and understanding of the ICT sector and the chosen specialist pathway if selected.
- Develop candidates’ skills, knowledge and understanding in contexts that are directly relevant to employment situations, thereby enhancing their employability within the ICT sector.
- Develop candidates’ ability to work autonomously and effectively in an ICT context.
- Enable candidates to develop knowledge and understanding in specialist areas of ICT, and demonstrate the skills needed to participate in the operation and development of real ICT organisations.
- Encourage progression by assisting in the development of skills, knowledge and understanding that candidates will need to access further or higher education programmes or occupational training on a full-time or part-time basis.
To achieve this qualification, candidates must complete a total of three units in year 12 consisting of of two mandatory units and one optional unit. If they wish to continue in year 13 they will complete a further 3 units to achieve the Introductory Diploma in IT at Level 3.
- Unit 1 Communication and employability skills for IT
- Unit 2 Information systems
- Web animation for interactive media
- Desk top publishing
- Career planning for ICT
- Digital imaging and photography
- Digital video/audio
- Music technology
- Cartooning and animation
- Art and animation for computer games
- Programming for computer games
- Computer games production
- Computer games technology
- Website production
- Hosting and managing websites
- Databases for e-commerce
- Website security and regulations
- Scripting and coding for websites
- Project management
- CS customisation of web pages
- Digital graphics
Minimum of 5x GCSE A*-C with at least a Grade C level at GCSE English.
All units are centre-assessed and externally moderated by OCR. There are no timetabled exams for this qualification. The full award and units from this qualification are graded as Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction *.
Computing and careers where technical expertise is needed e.g. computer programming, computer games development, systems analysts, software engineering, web designer, hardware and software research.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bishop Douglass School directly.