Football Scholarship at Ursuline College
The TSC and Ursuline College Football Coaching Scholarship is for 16-19 year olds boys who want to take the step into a full time football training programme alongside their academic studies. The aim of the scholarship programme is to provide high quality opportunities for participants to perform at their highest level in both academic and football endeavours. The programme also involves TSC working throughout the school with all year groups to provide high quality football training to all Ursuline College students.
TSC provide a highly structured and professional coaching programme developed for talented and passionate players who wish to progress seamlessly onto either University to play at a higher standard or to play at semi-professional or professional level.
We have two separate scholarship programmes; students have the choice of the Playing Scholarship or Coaching Scholarship.
Players will train full time with the TSC coaching staff and will be trained as a professional club would be. Every player in the scholarship programme will receive:
· Regular coaching sessions with highly qualified, experienced and professional football coaches.
· Training on individual technical ability and tactical understanding to prepare them for a potential future in the game.
· Position specific training for individuals.
· A full fitness programme including SAQ work, strength and conditioning work and individual programmes and structured, periodical fitness testing.
· Specialist Goalkeeper coaching sessions. Players will represent Ursuline College & TSC in KSFA league and Cup competitions, ESFA Cup Competitions as well as the opportunity to compete in additional tournaments.
· The opportunity to participate in fixtures against professional, semi-professional and University football teams.
· Players will benefit from TSC's extensive links within the semi-professional and professional game.
· Opportunity to take coaching badges and earn a qualification which can lead to a career in coaching or other areas of sport. The opportunity to represent TSC in European competitions. Players will receive a full personalised Nike kit package
For those students who would prefer to train as a coach rather than as a player, TSC delivers a Coaching Scholarship programme. These coaches will work alongside and be mentored by the TSC coaches. There will be opportunities to coach a variety of age groups and gain extensive experience as well as coaching qualifications. Those Goalkeepers who want to train as a goalkeeper coach can also undertake the coaching scholarship and gain experience through working with J4K:
· Entry on to FA Level 1 (year 1) and FA Level 2 (Year 2) coaching badges free of charge
· Coaching alongside the TSC coaches in the Ursuline programme working with all age groups throughout the school.
· Opportunities to work with TSC in its extensive school, community and academy programme.
· All coaches will be mentored by the TSC coaches to help them pass their coaching badges and to help improve their coaching knowledge.
· Potential for future employment with TSC.
Applicants will be invited to a trial before the course starts. If you can offer 5 or more GCSEs at grade C or above this course can be combined with A-levels. If less, it may still be possible to combine this course with a Level 2 pathway.
You could take this course with a related GCE or other qualification to prepare for further education in areas of sport such as BTEC Higher Nationals in Sport Management or related degree programmes. You could also go on to study an NVQ vocational qualification in Sports Development, which could be work-based. With further training, you could go into a job related to sport such as a Sport Coach, Trainer or Gym Instructor . The course provides a work related programme of study so you could go straight into a job as it helps you develop the skills, understanding and knowledge that many employers are looking for, especially in the sport and exercise sector.
Players who are interested in the playing or coaching scholarship can go www.tscoaching.co.uk to register for a trial and TSC will be in touch with you about the next steps in the process.
If you have any questions regarding the scholars programme please contact scholars Head Coach Seb Tidey on 07850 476341 or email@example.com
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.