Performing & Production Arts UAL Level 3 Diploma & Extended Diploma at NewVIc
You will explore a range of performance styles and techniques and develop your confidence as a performer. You will learn how to analyse, discuss and devise performance. Most sessions are practical and focused on Dance, Drama and Music. You will cover a wide variety of projects involving collaborative work with other students and professional artists from across the creative sector.
The course will focus on:
- practical study of a wide range of Dance and Drama techniques
- creating your own Drama, Dance and Music performance work
- developing vocal and physical skills
- exploring the work of Performing Arts practitioners, different theories and styles
- practical study of a wide range of Music Theatre styles
- investigating employment opportunities within the industry
On the course you will:
- collaborate with professional practitioners and companies
- showcase your work at a range of venues including Stratford Circus
- develop your skills and versatility as a performer
- critically evaluate your own work and that of others
- see live Dance and Drama productions
- be given individual and expert guidance to help you progress in the areas you want to specialise in
- have the opportunity for free weekly singing or instrument lessons through the NewVIc Music Advancement Programme (MAP)
Four or more GCSEs (grade A*-C), and a grade 5 in Mathematics or English Language. Students currently taking an intermediate vocational course will need a full Level 2 Subsidiary Diploma with Merit in a related subject, and a grade 5 in either English Language or Mathematics.
In some circumstances improved performance in Functional Skills may be accepted where a GCSE has not yet been achieved. All applicants will be required to attend an audition as part of the interview process.
You will be internally assessed throughout the duration of this programme.
This course will prepare you for work and study in the creative industries sector. On completion, you will be prepared to progress to further study across a range of subjects and disciplines. Former students have gone on to study Journalism, Street Arts, Media and Psychology, as well as Acting, Dance, Music and Theatre Studies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact NewVIc directly.