Beauty Therapy Level 2 NVQ Diploma at Hertford Regional College
The constant media attention of looking good and feeling great has opened up a wealth of employment opportunities for qualified therapists. This course will ensure you develop the theoretical and practical skills to enter the world of beauty therapy and give you advice on how to develop your own client base. Our fantastic new beauty salons will provide you with an excellent environment in which to study and practice. This course can lead to a VRQ Level 3 Beauty Therapy qualfication.
- Practical salon techniques: facials, manicure, pedicure, waxing, lash and brow treatments, make up, nail art, threading and facials for men
- Health & Safety, supervisory skills, management, reception and Retail Sales
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Functional skills or GCSE's
- Self-directed study
- Have a minimum of 176 GCSE entry points with GCSEs at Grade D or above in English Language. Creative areas such as Art and Design will also be considered.
- You will also have a real interest in beauty work along with a smart and tidy appearance
- You should have good communication skills and be understanding and sympathetic
- It also helps if you are interested in fashion, fitness and are creative
You will be observed and assessed during practicals and knowledge tested by online exams.
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2016. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2016, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last three years, and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). However, fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). You will be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee, materials fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
- Further Training at HRC: Level 3 VRQ Beauty - Body & Facial Electrotherapy - Miro-Dermabrasion, Massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils and Tanning
- Nail Technology, Stone therapy
- Employment in the industry
- 60 hours work placement in the beauty industry
- Dr Belter product training
- Educational residential trip.
- Enrichment activities: Ear piercing, make-up, compulsory enrichment activities will be free of charge.
What will I need?
All course books are provided within the cost of the course. Compulsory uniform is required and must be purchased through the department.
The cost of the kit and uniform is £186.00.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.