Catering and Hospitality Professional Chef Diploma Level 2 at Bath College
This practical, work-related course will provide you with a detailed overview of working in the catering and hospitality industry. You will learn key cooking principles and practices and a broad range of theory topics. The units relate to kitchen equipment, healthy foods and cooking methods. You will also undertake a restaurant qualification which will include restaurant service in our public restaurant, customer service, silver service, table service and drinks service.
- Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Contribute to effective team work
- Food safety
- Health and safety
- Healthy foods and special diets
- Kitchen equipment and personal workplace skills
- Preparing and cooking food, using methods such as boiling, poaching, steaming, baking, roasting and grilling
- Four full GCSEs at grades D, including English Language and Maths
- Dedication and enthusiasm, and a desire to succeed in the industry
You will be assessed via coursework and practical cookery tests.
Progress onto a level 3 diploma programme or apprenticeship.
Gain employment within the catering and hospitality industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bath College directly.