English Language AS/A2 at Desborough College
We will be teaching the new specification A level English Language from September 2015. This is most likely to be the Eduqas specification, the course content for which is highlighted below. Please note that as of September 2015, an AS exam sat will not contribute to a final A level grade. They will be regarded as separate qualifications. It is possible to sit an AS in English Language and you may then choose not to continue to study the subject in your second year. However, if you do, your AS grade will not form part of the final qualification. In your second year, you will therefore be examined on all the topics from the two years of study.
- Component 1: Analysis of texts in contexts – spoken language of the media and the use of written language.
- Component 2: Using language – investigating data and critical and creative writing.
- Component 1: Language concepts and issues – analysis of spoken language and language issues.
- Component 2: Language change over time – language change and language in the twenty-first century.
- Component 3: Creative and critical use of language.
- Component 4: Language and identity – word language investigation based on the study and research of a topic related to language and identity.
5 A*-C including English Literature and at least a B grade in English Language.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Desborough College directly.