Sport and Active Leisure Diploma Level 1 at East Berkshire College
The Level 1 in Sport and Active Leisure is for anyone who:
- Has a passion for sport.
- Enjoys playing sport.
- Interested in finding out more about the science behind sport.
- Wants to get ahead in their studies develop onto a Level 2 Diploma in Sport.
- Wants to work in the sports industry.
By doing this course you will:
- Gain an industry recognised qualification.
- Gain a functional skill in English/Maths.
- Learn more about the science of sport.
- Potentially become an ambassador for the College - representing the Sports department or Academy.
- Make lifelong friend who have the same interest as you.
You will cover units over the year which will include:
- Sport and Active Leisure as Part of a Healthy Lifestyle
- How the Active Body Works
- Introducing the Sport and Active Leisure Industry
- and many more units.
Generally, there is no prescribed recommended prior knowledge, attainment or experience needed to gain access to this qualification.
Initial and diagnostic assessment at the appropriate level.
All units are assessed via written work, presentations, video recordings and observations.
You will be required to study functional skills throughout which will include an exam at the end of the course.
You will study through a range of techniques including: Theory lessons Practical lessons Presentation delivery Role Play E-learning via Moodle
On completion of the Level 1 course, anyone who wants to get ahead in their studies to develop onto a Level 2 BTEC Diploma in sport.
On completion of the BTEC you could:
- Find employment within the sports industry i.e. Leisure Centres, Health and Fitness Industry, Sports Media and many other potentially exciting fields.
- Progress onto the Level 2 BTEC Diploma in Sport.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Berkshire College directly.