Sport BTEC First Level 2 Extended Certificate/Diploma at Exeter College
On this written and practical course, you will gain an excellent introduction to the sport and active leisure industry.
- Study subjects such as anatomy and physiology, nutrition, exercise and fitness
- Learn how to plan and lead sports activities
- Engage in a range of sports to develop your own skills
- Gain work experience in the sports industry
- Visit local facilities
- Undertake fitness training and testing
- Hear from guest speakers who are leaders in their field
Assessment is by assignments, external examinations, observation and written work.
You need four GCSEs at grade D or above and two at grade E or above (or equivalent). If you have not achieved grade C or above in GCSE English or maths you will be expected to work towards achieving an appropriate Level 2 qualification in both of these subjects. You will also need the personal qualities for working in the sports industry and enthusiasm for sport.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Exeter College directly.