Foundation in Outdoor Industries Level 2-BTEC Level 2 at UKSA
- 4 GCSEs at grade D including English at D or above
- Related Level 1 qualifications
- Current Isle of Wight College students must have successfully completed Functional Skills from their current course
- Successful interview and a background in watersports.
In addition to these essential requirements you need to be able to demonstrate:
- a good attendance record;
- evidence of recent academic study or related work experience;
- good interpersonal skills;
- the ability to work with others;
- a commitment to or an interest in a career in outdoor pursuits (watersports);
- a positive attitude.
On completion of this course you will gain a Diploma in Sport. The qualification is made up of several units. Core units provide a general foundation and specialist units introduce learners to particular topics in more depth.
Alongside academic qualifications you will also have the opportunity to undertake the RYA Assistant Dinghy Instructor qualification.
Relevant industry visits and work experience are also organised - these are a requirement of this course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact UKSA directly.