Computer Science BTEC level 3 Diploma at Bishop Thomas Grant Catholic Secondary School
- The capacity to think creatively, innovatively, analytically, logically and critically.
- An understanding of the organisation of computer systems, including software, hardware, data, communications and people.
- The ability to apply skills, knowledge and understanding of computing, including programming, in a range of contexts to solve problems.
- Students generate authentic evidence, drawing on their knowledge and skills to complete a practical project over a period of time, working either individually or in a team.
5 GCSEs Grade A* - C, including one of:
- ICT Grade A*- C
- BTEC Merit and above
- Firstly, to provide a general understanding of the use of computer technology and systems, which will inform their decisions and support their participation in an increasingly technologically dependent society.
- Secondly, to provide the necessary skills and knowledge to seek employment in areas that utilise computing, where they may develop their skills and knowledge further through practical experience and training.
- Thirdly, students may choose to continue to develop their knowledge and understand of computing through entry to higher education, where this qualification will provide a useful foundation for further study of computing or more specialist aspects of computing.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bishop Thomas Grant Catholic Secondary School directly.