Business and Accounting Access to Higher Education at Warwickshire College Group
The Access to Business and Accounting is a Level 3 qualification which provides an opportunity for adults into higher education such as university, who, because of social, educational or individual circumstances may have achieved few, if any, prior qualifications.
It is designed for adults seeking a change of direction because of unemployment or lack of career opportunities,
or have the ability to benefit from higher education but who have not previously had the opportunity to develop their academic skills, and have an interest in Business.
The Diplomas are validated by OCN London and are recognised by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education.
Learners offered a place on the Access programme will take Subject Specific Modules alongside Academic Study Skills with an additional tutorial each week making a total of 12 hours contact time. A possible 15 hours independent study time per week may be necessary. The programme is fast moving, exciting and demanding with rigorous assessment. It is also highly rewarding and offers a great opportunity to succeed.
When applying for an Access course you are entitled to apply for a Government Loan to cover the cost. This will be written off if you proceed to a Degree programme.
The qualification has a credit value of 60 credits. It is a Level 3 qualification, although some units within it may be set at Level 2.
You will study:
- 45 credits graded at Level 3 in Subject Specific Business and Accounting Modules
- 15 credits ungraded at Level 2 or Level 3 in Academic Study Skills
Subject Specific Business and Accounting Modules may include:
- Business Organisations and Structure
- Business Planning
- Business Studies - External Influences
- Business Studies – Human Resources
- Business Studies - Marketing
- Introduction to Marketing and Market Research
- Introduction to the Law
- Extended Project
- Economics - Introduction to Market Forces
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Sole Trader Final Accounts
- Accounts - Interpreting Final Accounts
- Double Entry Accounts
Academic Study Skills may include;
- Finding and Reading Information
- Report Writing
- Business Mathematics: Statistics and Probability
- Writing Standard English
- Reading and comprehension of texts
- Essay Writing
Module options are changed annually and some options may not be available.
An interview, plus confirmation of English and Maths grades, followed by enrolment directly onto the Diploma.
Method(s) Of Study: Taught classes and supported independent study.
Method Of Assessment: Various assignments which may include essay, presentations, research projects, seen papers and examinations.
Career Opportunities: Wide range of degree level courses in higher education followed by careers in, for example business, customer service, marketing and finance.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Warwickshire College Group directly.