Engineering (Mechanical) BTEC Level 3 90 credit Diploma/Extended Diploma at Uxbridge College
This course is for students who are interested in a career in electromechanical engineering.
Year 1 course = 90 credit Diploma.
Year 2 course = a further 90 credits providing in total a 180 credit Extended Diploma.
You will study five mandatory units and 12 specialist units (accumulating 180 credits) all must be passed to achieve the qualification.
- Health and safety in the engineering workplace
- Communication for engineering technicians
- Engineering project
- Mathematics for engineering technicians
- Mechanical principles and applications.
- Business operations in engineering
- Engineering design
- Properties and applications of engineering materials
- Further mechanical principles and applications
- Applications of mechanical systems in engineering
- Principles and applications of fluid mechanics
- Engineering drawing for technicians
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Engineering primary forming processes
- Engineering secondary and finishing techniques and processes
- Applications of computer numerical control in engineering
- Further mathematics for technicians.
Each unit is studied through workshop and classroom activities. There is a weekly tutorial and private study to enable students to work on their own.
Additional support is available in mathematics and English. All students will undertake at least one Functional Skill as part of this course.
5 GCSEs grades A*-C including English, maths and science or a relevant Level 2 qualification, preferably at merit or above. A school report commenting on attendance, punctuality, behaviour and commitment is also required.
All the units are assessed by course assignments, which meet BTEC grading criteria for Pass, Merit and Distinction.
After successful completion of this course you may transfer onto the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (180 credits) and then you may go to into higher education or into a specialist area of employment.
You can go into employment in the engineering sector.
For further information, please contact our Information, Advice and Guidance team on 01895 853333 or email email@example.com
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Uxbridge College directly.