Hairdressing Apprenticeship Level 3 at Ealing, Hammersmith & West London College
This advanced apprenticeship will help you further develop your creative skills as a hairdresser.
This qualification is based on the national occupational standards for hairdressing and includes all the required elements to work effectively as hairdresser/stylist There are four mandatory units in this qualification for you to study including:
- Creatively style and dress hair;
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques;
- Creatively colour and lighten hair;
- Provide client consultation services.
Throughout this qualification, learners will develop their knowledge and understanding of relevant anatomy and physiology and health and safety. They will also develop the knowledge, understanding and skills to advise and consult with clients to provide advanced hairdressing services and further develop their communication and customer service skills.
In addition to completing mandatory units, learners are required to achieve twenty five credits from optional units which includes: (this list is not exhaustive):
- Provide creative hair extension services;
- Create a variety of permed effects;
- Hair colour correction services;
- Develop, enhance and evaluate your creative hairdressing skills;
- Provide specialist hair and scalp treatments;
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities.
You will need to have a minimum of a Level 1 qualification in English and Maths and a Level 2 qualification in hairdressing.
This qualification will be assessed through exams and in work assessment.
This apprenticeship will be delivered through classroom session, one day each week during term time. Apprentices will be expected to self-study outside of the classroom and their working hours.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ealing, Hammersmith & West London College directly.