Beauty Therapy (Level 2) at Central College Nottingham
The Level 2 NVQ in Beauty Therapy enables you to gain a qualification preparing you for work, based on National Occupational Standards for Beauty Therapy.
- Facial Skin Care Treatment
- Pedicure Services
- Eyebrows and Eyelashes
- Waxing Services
- Promote Services / Products to Customers
- Manicure Services
- Develop and Maintain Effectiveness at Work
- Health and Safety
Plus optional units relating to the beauty industry.
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
One of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grades A*-D including English Language and Maths*
- A relevant Level 1 qualification including GCSE English Language and Maths* at grade A*-D
*If you do not have both GCSE English Language and Maths at A*-D, we may accept one of them at Grade E in addition to your 4 GCSEs at A*-D. Functional Skills may be accepted instead of GCSE English and/or Maths. Functional Skills Level 1 is equivalent to GCSE Grade D and Level 2 to GCSE Grade C.
Adults who are aged 19+ without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
There is continuous assessment of each unit. You will need to present evidence of competence via practical assessments and production of a personal portfolio of evidence.
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy (General and Massage routes available)
- Level 3 Make-up Artistry Diploma
- Level 3 in Nail Technology Diploma
- Part-time Beauty Therapy related courses <.ul>
You will be required to purchase a kit and uniform. The uniform must be worn at all times at College. Kit costs are approximately £144.00. At enrolment you will also be required to pay £30 for a work package.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.