Art & Design AS/A2 Level at Norbury Manor Business and Enterprise College
Students should possess a high level of personal commitment and are expected to undertake coursework in their own time which complements and runs parallel to studio work. In the introductory project all students will complete a series of workshops focusing exploring a range of different media and processes such as drawing, painting, printmaking, ceramics, sculpture, photography and digital media. Students are encouraged to use formal elements and creative skills to give form to individual observations and ideas.
Analytical skills are developed through the use of work journals and an extended personal study in A2.
The AS leading to an A2 course in Art and Design provides the opportunity to build a strong portfolio of work in 2 and 3 dimensions. This is crucial for those students seeking progression to further study in art and design or employment in creative industries.
Students will be expected to :
- have achieved an A* - B grade in an Art or D.T. subject at GCSE.
- attend gallery and museum visits independently.
- attend for interview with a portfolio of their work to be assessedbefore admission to the course
There are 4 units to be studied over the 2 years of the AS and A2 course:
● Unit 1 – Coursework
● Unit 2 – Externally set assignment
● Unit 3 – Coursework (practical work and personal study)
● Unit 4 – Externally set assignment
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Norbury Manor Business and Enterprise College directly.