Sport at Felixstowe Academy
For students who have interest in sports coaching and wish to progress to employment in sport related industries such as sports psychology, fitness, sports therapy, teaching, event management and coaching.
Over two years students will study the following:
- Unit 1 - Principles of anatomy and physiology in sport
- Unit 2 - The physiology of fitness
- Unit 3 - Assessing risk in sport
- Unit 4 - Fitness training and programming
- Unit 13 - Leadership in sport
- Unit 7 - Fitness testing for sport and exercise
- Unit 8/9 Practical team/individual sports
4 GCSE's A*-C including science, maths and english (GCSE PE would be an advantage , besides coaching and leadership experience).
The course is delivered within a vocational format. Some lessons are classroom based, while others will be delivered in a practical enviroment to reinforce and test theoretical principles.
Assignment based course - no exam. Assignments are marked as pass, merit and distinction.
BTEC national award
UCAS points comparisons
Pass = 40 UCAS points
Merit = 80 UCAS points
Distinction = 120 UCAS points
Qualification can lead towards progression to employment in the sport and related industries such a sport psychology, fitness, sport therapy, teaching and coaching.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Felixstowe Academy directly.