Hospitality Services Intermediate Apprenticeship at Truro and Penwith College
This is for staff working within hospitality covering range of duties including serving customers, preparing and cooking food, serving drinks, reception, cleaning and preparing rooms, housekeeping in a number of settings including cafes, restaurants, hotels holiday homes and pubs.
The programme is made up of 2 main qualifications - an NVQ L2 Diploma in Hospitality Services and a L2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles, with units covering:
- Preparing and serving simple food menus
- Preparing and serving drinks – hot, cold and alcoholic drinks
- Managing stock
- Health, safety and security of the working environment including food safety and hygiene practices
- Working as part of a team
- Dealing with bookings, payments
- Providing excellent customer service and creating a positive customer impression
- Planning and organisation skills to support the office and business environment
- Creating a positive impression of the organisation
This apprenticeship has been designed to enable students to progress directly into employment in the industry as a hospitality services assistant, or potentially continue onto a level 3 qualification. This course will also suit existing hospitality staff wishing to gain a qualification that will enhance their career prospects or progress onto further study.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Truro and Penwith College directly.