Geography at Herschel Grammar School
You will need:
• A lively and enquiring mind, together with an interest in the environment and current affairs.
• A willingness to explore new ideas and an ability to communicate your thoughts effectively.
You will learn:
• How globalisation affects our lives.
• How and why cities and the countryside are rebranding.
• An appreciation of current events and world problems such as natural hazards and the plight of refugees.
• What forces drive the world economy and how they are changing.
• What forces influence our natural environment - landscapes, plants, weather and climate.
Future careers for Geographers include Information Technology, Management, Financial Sector, Marketing, Global Information Systems, Travel Consultant, Government Statistician, Banking and Business Management, Town & Transport Planning, and Environmental Consultant.
In addition to the general entry requirements for the HerschelConsortium, you will need at least a Grade B in Geography if taken. Strong candidates who have not studied GCSE Geography may be considered for the course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Herschel Grammar School directly.