Health and Social Care Level 2 Diploma at Path to Learning Limited
The level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care is ideal for you if you have recently started working in a health and social care setting and have no previous experience of working within the sector. It is also suitable if you have been working in health and social care but have not undertaken a related qualification and would like your knowledge and skills to be recognised. This qualification helps to increase your knowledge and skills thus allowing you to take on more responsibility within your role.
There are three pathways through this qualification, a general pathway, a dementia pathway and a learning disabilities pathway. To complete a full Diploma qualification you need to select units to a total credit value of 46. There are 9 compulsory Group A units with a credit value of 24. You must take at least one of the Group B knowledge based optional units and the remaining credits can be chosen from the optional C group units.
The compulsory units include:-
- Unit HSC 025, The role of the health and social care worker (2 credits)
- Unit HSC 026, Implement person centred approaches in health and social care (5 credits)
- Unit SHC 24, Introduction to duty of care in health and social care (1 credit)
Group B units include:-
- LD210, Introductory awareness of autistic spectrum conditions ( 2 credits)
- DEM 201, Dementia awareness (2 credits)
- CMH 302, Understand mental health problems (3 credits)
Group C units include:-
- HSC 2030, Provide support for sleep (2 credits)
- HSC 3047, Support individuals at end of life (7 credits)
- LD 203, Provide active support (3 credits)
- HSC 2010, Provide support for leisure activities (3 credits)
You will be invited to attend an induction at the start of the course. You will be assigned a qualified and experienced assessor who will undertake an initial assessment of your neeeds to ensure that you select a pathway and units that reflect your role and responsibilities. Your assessor will agree a plan of assessment with you, this may include attendnce at a set number of lessons. The assessment methods may include, observing you whilst you carry out specific duties, written and oral questions, an examination of your records and reports and professional discussion.
Please contact us for current price and details of our interest free payment plan. We will also advise you of any funding opportunities that may be available.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Path to Learning Limited directly.