Electrotechnical Technology (Buildings and Structures) Level 2 at City of Wolverhampton College
During this course you will study:
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Principles or electrical science
- Electrical installations technology
- Installations of wiring systems and enclosures
- Understanding how to communicate with others within building services engineering
Whether you have recently left school or want to make a career change this course will prepare you to work in the industry and qualify you to work as an electrician’s mate.
You will gain an understanding of the regulations electricians are legally bound to comply with and the scientific principles on which electrical applications are based on. You will also learn the practical skills to enable you to work within the electrotechnical industry.
This course can be studied full-time or part-time over one year.
To access this course you are required to have:
- For school leavers a minimum of Four or more GCSESs at Grade E or above including English or maths (specified which for some courses) although you will be required to attend an initial maths and English assessment on entry to identify any areas that you may need assistance with
- For adult learners there are no formal qualifications required, although you will be required to attend an initial maths and English assessment on entry to identify any areas that you may need assistance with
This is a combination of assignment and online based exams. You will be continually assessed throughout the program.
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in the electrotechnical industry
- Progress on to Level 3 C+G 2365 Electrical Installation
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.