Forklift Telescopic Handler at The Construction Skills People Ltd
This assessment is designed for those involved in operating Telescopic Handlers to show their competence in this equipment.
Categories: INDUSTRIAL TELESCOPIC – UP TO 9 METRES – ALL SIZES EXCLUDING 360° SLEW – ALL SIZES INCLUDING 360° SLEW
To successfully pass the assessment the operator must be able to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturer’s instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, i.e. Load Charts, and applicable regulations.
- Explain all relevant documentation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Configure the Tele Handler for site and road travel.
- Travel the machine over varying types of terrain, including undulating ground and substantial inclines, with and without loads.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas.
- Set the Telescopic Handler in order to lift various loads.
- Lift and place various loads within the full working range of the Telescopic Handler.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Transport loads.
- Place and return loads accurately.
- Place and retrieve loads from a vehicle bed or trailer.
- Keep within safe working parameters.
- Place the Forklift in an out-of service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedure on and off a transporter.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Construction Skills People Ltd directly.