Geography AQA AS & A Level at Ifield Community College
Component 1: Physical geography
- Section A: Water and carbon cycles
- Section B: either Coastal systems and landscapes or Hot desert environments and their margins
- Section C: either Hazards or Ecosystems under stress or Cold environments
Component 2: Human geography
- Section A: Global systems and global governance
- Section B: Changing places
- Section C: either population and environment or Contemporary urban environments or Resource security
Component 3: Geographical investigation
- Students complete an individual investigation which must include data collected in the field. The individual investigation must be based on a question or issue defined and developed by the student relating to any part of the specification content.
To study a Level 3 subject the prospective student must have at least 5 GCSE A*-C grades including a C in English Language and Mathematics. There are some subject specific entry requirements, they are as follows:
- C grade in GCSE Geography or
- B grade in GCSE Science or Additional Science
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ifield Community College directly.