Countryside Management (Gamekeeping) - Level 3 Extended Diploma at Easton & Otley College
Carries the same UCAS points weighting and is equivalent to studying 3 A Levels. The emphasis of this course is to develop the practical skills and gain the knowledge required of a full-time gamekeeper. This is a demanding career and students need to show significant commitment to the course to be successful in this industry.
Work experience and practical skills development are essential components of this course.
Students will contribute to the running of the college estate, including running shooting days and assisting in the rearing Programme.
Course content includes:
- Game Management
- Game Bird Rearing
- Working Dogs
- Deer Management
- Estate Construction Skills
- Game Ecology
- Machinery Skills
- ATV training
- 4 GCSEs at Grades A-C (including a Science at Grade C)
- or First Diploma (normally Merit overall) plus 2 GCSEs Grades A-C or other Level 2 qualifications.
- Foundation degrees in Ecology and Conservation Management or Agricultural Management at Easton & Otley College
- Other Higher Education courses
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.