Maths A Level at City of Bristol College
There are three modules studied throughout the A Level year. Two are core modules building on the algebra, trigonometry and geometry you studied at GCSE. The third module is a choice of one from statistics, mechanics or decision maths.
- Statistics looks at methods of summarising data, probability and describing relationships between types of data
- Mechanics has some similarities with physics and deals with motion, how and why objects move
- Decision maths involves using algorithms, step by step procedures to solve real life problems involving traffic flow and time management
- 6 GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and maths
- We will accept GCSE merit in place of one of the GCSE passes at grade C or above
- Grade B or above in GCSE higher maths.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Bristol College directly.