Playwork Level 3 Diploma at Achievement Training & Skills LTD
You are an experienced play worker who has a wide knowledge and understanding of children and young people and an appreciation of play work principles and practice. A work placement is required for 1 day per week.
The Level 3 Diploma in Playwork provides in-depth information about the role of the Level 3 play worker when working with children and young people between the ages of 4 to 16. It provides an understanding of the management of play environments and the line management of other staff. The Diploma covers the knowledge and skills needed when working unsupervised. You will study a range of topics, including:
- Understand Play work Principles
- Understand children and young people’s self-directed play
- Understand how to safeguard the well-being of children and young people
- Understand the organisational framework for play
- Understand how to support positive outcomes for children and young people
- Understand relationships in the play environment
- Understand health, safety and security in the play environment
- Understand how to plan for and support children and young people’s self-directed play
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Contribute to an organisational framework that reflects the needs and protects rights of children and young people
- Develop and maintain a healthy, safe and secure play environment for children and young people
- Develop and promote positive relationships in a play environment
- Plan for and support children and young people’s self-directed play
You will attend ½ day tutorials once a month at Achievement Training’s City Centre location. Your tutor will support your throughout the course. The Delivery of the qualification is done mainly at the workplace, the assessor will visit the work place every 6-8 weeks. You will receive a login to an on-line portfolio account, which can be accessed from any Wifi point at work at home or in our centre or through 3/4G. You will be provided with a detailed course programme. At the centre you will have the opportunity to network with other learners and to share practice and access to different resources to support your learning including laptops, desktops, tablets and textbooks.
This qualification can help you to progress in a wide range of Play work roles including:
- Play work Development Officer
- Adventure Centre Supervisor
- Hospital Play worker
- Manager of any Play work Provision
You can progress onto a degree in a related discipline.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Achievement Training & Skills LTD directly.