Skills Pathway Construction at Wiltshire College
This programme is delivered at Foundation level 1 and aims to support young people to develop skills needed within a workshop environment. It is a practical based course with an aim to develop awareness of health & safety together with basic hand tools.The course also gives learners the opportunity to develop their skills in Math, English and ICT.
On this course you will study the following units:
- How to handle and store construction materials and components
- Fixing construction components
- Mixing construction materials
- How to cut, lay and fix construction components
- How to apply finishing materials
- Set out for construction components
2 GCSEs between E-G and a satisfactory interview.
Continual assessment throughtout the year. Building an assessed portfolio of work, and exam for Functional Skills Maths, Functional Skills English and Functional Skills ICT.
- further training in the form of a Level 1 or Level 2 Construction Diploma
- employment, together with training, where the outcome could be a Level 1 or Level 2 Construction Diploma and/or a Level 1 or Level 2 (NVQ) Diploma.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wiltshire College directly.