The FA Level 1 Award in Coaching Football at Cambridge United FC
The course provides an introduction to the organisation and delivery of safe and enjoyable coaching sessions for players. The course will introduce practical games to develop players’ technical skills such as shooting, turning with the ball and running with the ball. It is ideally suited to those working with groups of young players.
Who is it for?
This introductory course has been produced by FA Learning to help those who are new to football coaching and working with young players to understand more about coaching and the role of the coach.
The course will introduce some key aspects in the following:
- Player and coach development
- The FA’s Respect Programme
- Laws of the Game
- An introduction to The FA’s Long Term Player Development Model
- An introduction to Football for All
The course will also provide (as seperately organised workshops) the following:
- FA Emergency Aid
- FA Safeguarding Children in Football
Prior to certification, candidates are required to:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Hold as a minimum a current FA Emergency Aid certificate
- Have attended The FA Safeguarding Children Workshop
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Cambridge United FC directly.