Animal Care, Qualification in Land-Based Studies, Level 1 at Hadlow College
This highly practical course is an ideal starting point for those students with few formal qualifications. Covering the basics of handling, feeding and the setting up of accommodation for a wide range of species, this course will enable you to learn how
to work safely, care for and maintain animal accommodation in our custom-built animal
- Safe and effective work practices in land-based
- Develop performance in land-based industries
- Assist with maintaining the health and wellbeing
- of animals
- Animals in the wild and in society
- Assist with the handling and restraint of animals
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of
- animal accommodation
- Assist with the feeding and watering of animals
- Functional skills/GCSE - English and maths
You will need a minimum of two GCSEs at D-E / 3-2 Grade or equivalent (Entry level 3).
You should also have a keen interest in the subject and demonstrate a commitment to the curriculum area.
Short multiple choice examinations, plus a portfolio of evidence that will be marked by an external examiner.
Successful students can further enhance their skills by enrolling onto the Level 2 Diploma in Animal Care or, should they wish to, progress straight into industry.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.