Business Improvement Techniques Intermediate Apprenticeship at Eastleigh College
The aim of this framework is to attract young people into the engineering manufacturing industry, and will provide apprentices with the skills, underpinning knowledge and transferable skills required to operate at operator or semi-skilled level in an engineering or manufacturing environment carrying out a wide variety of defined activities.
The framework consists of 4 different elements which include:
- The Business Improvement Techniques NVQ
- The Business Improvement Techniques Technical Certificate
- The Employers Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional skills in maths and English.
The Mandatory units are:
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Contributing to effective team working
- Contributing to the application of workplace organisation techniques
- Contributing to the development of visual management systems
There are no entry qualifications required by learners to undertake the NVQ units.
Once you have enrolled onto the programme you will be assigned an assessor that will visit you in the workplace regularly.
- complete assessment plans and reviews with you to keep you on target.
- support you in the collection of the required evidence needed for your qualification through different assessment methods such as; professional discussion, observations, written questions, verbal questions, witness statements and any assignments.
Once you have completed the Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Improvement Techniques you can move onto the Advanced Apprenticeship in Business Improvement Techniques if your job role meets the criteria.
The B-IT2 NVQ is delivered by high-achieving lean process practitioners and is a down-to-earth, hands-on programme designed for operators in companies that have lean systems in place but are looking to engage the wider workforce in continuous improvement activities. It teaches them how to identify and eliminate waste, create flow and improve quality leading to greater efficiency and increased profitability.
This programme will be essential in ensuring that UK companies can compete against strong international competition
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Eastleigh College directly.