Geography at ARK Putney
GCSE Geography A is our largest and most successful Geography specification.
This popular course offers:
- engaging and topical content
- a stimulating blend of traditional and contemporary Geography to suit students of all abilities
- the study of physical and human Geography in discrete, self-contained topic areas
- a focus on physical processes and factors that produce diverse and dynamic landscapes over time.
Study of this course will give students of all backgrounds the opportunity to develop:
- communication skills
- graphical and cartographical skills
- technological skills including ICT and GIS
- interpersonal skills through debate and discussion
- literacy and numeracy skills
- problem-solving skills
- entrepreneurial skills and awareness of career possibilities.
This course has 25 per cent controlled assessment and is suitable for students wishing to study a variety of subjects at a higher level.
For A level and level 3 courses students require 5 A*–C passes at GCSE, preferably including English and Maths, and including at least a B grade or merit in the subject they wish to study.
Where the subject chosen has not been previously studied, English and Maths grades will be considered.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact ARK Putney directly.