Information Technology Diploma - Foundation Level 1 at Westfield School
Learners will study 4 core themes of
- Technology used in IT such as hard ware, software, networks
- How people use IT as customers, or participants
- Using multimedia to make IT attractive
- Use of IT by successful businesses
Learners will follow functional skills in literacy, numeracy and IT
Learners should have an interest in using computers, and finding out more about information technology.
Learners applying to study 14 - 16 should have a minimum of level 4 English in their SATS.
Learners will be assessed through a combination of courserwork and examinations which may be written on the computer.
Higher Level Diploma at Level 2, or another level 2 course at school or college. Work based learning at level 2. There are very few opportunites to enter employment in information technology directly with this level 1 qualification
- Visits to employers
- Work experience during the course
- Delivery of specialist elements of the course by employers
- Projects at specialist locations
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.