Business BTEC Level 3 Diploma at The Kings of Wessex Academy
BTEC National qualifications provide a broad introduction that give students transferable knowledge and skills. The Business course is aimed at students who want to continue their education through applied learning. Business is a dynamic subject that has never been more relevant and through studying the Diploma you will experience a wealth of real-world examples and acquire the knowledge, understanding and skills that will be recognised and valued. The Diploma is a two year programme which is equivalent to 2 A levels and can be combined with other subjects.
Why study Business at Level 3 BTEC?
The course provides opportunities during the teaching and learning phase to give students practice in developing employability skills of which there are 3 main categories:
- cognitive and problem-solving skills: use critical thinking, approach non-routine problems applying expert and creative solutions, use systems and technology.
- intrapersonal skills: communicating, working collaboratively, negotiating and influencing, selfpresentation.
- interpersonal skills: self-management, adaptability and resilience, self-monitoring and development.
What will I study?
The course consists of 8 units of work, 6 of which are mandatory and 3 are external. The mandatory units include Developing a Marketing Campaign, International Business and Personal and Business Finance.
How will I learn?
Each Unit requires applied learning that brings together knowledge and understanding with practical and technical skills. Transferable skills are those such as communication, teamwork, research and analysis, which are valued in both higher education and the workplace. There is a strong vocational element to this course and as such students will be taking part in work experience and have opportunities to visit real businesses.
- The standard entry requirements of 5 GCSE grades C or 4+ to apply for this course but you are not required to have studied the subject at GCSE or BTEC Level 2.
- There is a mathematical element so we would recommend that students must have a Grade 4+ in Maths.
6 mandatory units, 3 of which are externally assessed in the form of a written exam or set task.
2 optional units which are marked internally covering a range of topics from Team Building in Business to Investigating Corporate Social Responsibility
The qualification is recognised by higher education institutions or can be a direct route into employment. Areas of employment include junior business roles in marketing, administration, finance, events management, HR, including higher apprenticeships.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Kings of Wessex Academy directly.