Joinery - Wood Occupations NVQ - Level 2 Apprenticeship at Vision West Nottinghamshire College
As a joinery apprentice you will begin at the first level of a diploma to build your understanding as a joiner. We will then move you on to the Level 2 programme of learning.
Your apprenticeship will include the following:
- Obtaining and loading out of trade related materials.
- Carrying out repairs and maintenance which includes removing doors, door frames, windows, flooring, joists, kitchen units, staircases.
- Operating woodwork machinery to prepare materials for use in either manufacture or replacement of joinery items.
- Using power tools in conjunction with repairs and maintenance.
As part of your apprenticeship you will cover the following:
- Diploma Level 1 in Wood Occupations
- Diploma Level 2 in Wood Occupations
- NVQ Level 2 in Wood Occupations
- Key Skills Level 1 Communications
- Key Skills Level 1 Application of Number.
You will need a good educational background, preferably GCSE grade C in English and Maths.
Good practical skills are essential.
You will be required to complete a practical and knowledge based test prior to being accepted onto the programme.
As this is an employed position you must be employed in a joinery role.
Underpinning knowledge and practical support is given once a week on day release at college; you are also expected to collect work based evidence and photos for a portfolio to enable NVQ achievement.
Following on from the Level 2 there is the opportunity for progression onto an advanced apprenticeship at Level 3 and the potential to work in a supervisory role.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vision West Nottinghamshire College directly.