Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations Level 3 at Millennium Academy Ltd
It is aimed at practicing electricians who have experience in inspection and testing and need to demonstrate competence in the Inspection, Testing and Certification of electrical installations to the requirements of the 17th Edition of the IEE wiring regulations.
It covers the following areas:
- Relevant Statutory and Non-statutory Regulations
- Preparation for Verification
- IP codes
- Carrying out Initial and Periodic Inspection and Testing
- Test of Continuity of cpc including Main and supplementary bonding conductors
- Test of Continuity of Ring Final Circuit conductors
- Insulation Resistance Testing
- Polarity Test
- Earth Electrode Resistance Testing
- Earth Fault Loop impedance Testing
- Prospective Fault Current testing
- RCD Testing
- Certification and Reporting
There are no formal entry requirements, however, candidates need to be qualified electricians and/or have experience in inspection & testing of installations. Candidates who have successfully completed the City & Guilds 2392 qualification and obtained some experience in inspection & testing subsequently are also eligible. In addition, commitment and hard work are essential.
Unit 301 is assessed by a two-and-half hour written examination
Unit 302 is assessed by a 4-hour practical assessment on all aspects of the course.
In order to obtain a certificate, candidates must be successful in both units.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Millennium Academy Ltd directly.