History AS level at Beechwood School
As well as being highly respected by all universities History is a very popular A level choice. It is a notable A level for progression into Social Science and Humanities courses. At Beechwood we follow the AQA course which provides suitable foundations for the study of related subjects such as English, Law, Politics and Economics.
However it is by no means restricted to being useful for these courses alone, indeed many leading universities also respect science students taking History as the analytical and writing skills gained from it are invaluable in any field. History is also useful as a fourth qualification for students thinking of studying Medicine or Single Sciences at university. Its depth, variety and challenging nature means that the skills learnt from History A level will remain with you no matter what you choose to study at a higher level.
- Study the history of more than one country
- Study a British history option for Component 1 or 2
- Study a non-British history option for Component 1 or 2
Component 1: Breadth study
- Written exam: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Two questions (one compulsory) • 50% of AS
Component 2: Depth Study
- Written exam 1 hour 30 minutes
- Two questions (one compulsory)
- 50 marks
- 50% of AS
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Beechwood School directly.