Business Studies at East Leake Academy
The aim of the course is to develop a critical understanding of organisations, the markets they serve and the internal workings and management of organisations. Students will develop a range of skills, including the ability to make decisions in the light of information provided. The course will prepare students for a wide range of careers in business and management.
The AS modules studied include the following topics:
Planning and Financing a Business
* Starting a business - the challenges and issues of starting a business enterprise; entrepreneurs.
* Financial Planning - Essential fi nancial concepts needed to start a business including calculating costs, revenues, profits; using a breakeven analysis and cash-flow forecasting.
Managing a Business
* Finance - budgets, improving cash fl ow and profi ts.
* People in Business - organisational structures, recruitment, training and motivation.
* Operations Management - operational decisions, quality, customer service, supplies, technology.
* Marketing and Competition - designing and using an effective marketing mix, market conditions and competitiveness.
5 GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and Maths.
Grade C/B in Business Studies
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Leake Academy directly.