Health and Social Care Advanced Level Apprenticeship at Wirral Metropolitan College
This apprenticeship is designed for applicants who are in paid employment within Health and Social Care, to achieve the theory and practical elements of the qualifications which recognise the skills they gain in the workplace.
- Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Adults) (Competence Based Element)
- Level 3 certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care (Knowledge Based Element) (To be agreed)
- Employment rights and responsibilities
- Functional Skills in Mathematics at Level 2 and English at Level 2 for those who are not exempt. Functional Skills are assessed and achieved through examination.
Apprentices must be in paid employment of at least 30 hours per week. Apprenticeships where the Apprentice is working and studying for less than 30 hours per week are by exception only. In any circumstances the Apprentice must not work for less than 16 hours per week.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course.
Completion of the Advanced Apprenticeship will stand you in good stead for progression onto Higher Education in subjects like nursing or midwifery and operating department practitioner roles in the care sector or management roles in care homes. Progression to:
- Higher Education
- Care Manager
- Day Care Manager
- Senior Support Worker
- Senior Healthcare Assistant
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wirral Metropolitan College directly.