Performing Engineering Operations C&G Level 2 Diploma at Farnborough College of Technology
This course is aimed at those who want to acquire the engineering competences needed to progress to the workplace. The course consists of hands on practical skills and the theories that underpin a range of engineering practices and processes.
- Carrying out engineering activities efficiently and effectively
- Using and communicating technical information
- Producing mechanical engineering drawings using computer aided design (CAD)
- Producing sheet metal components and assemblies
- Preparing and using lathes for turning operations
Five GCSEs grades A*-D with a keen interest in practical engineering; plus a successful reference and interview.
All young people will continue to improve their skills in English and Mathematics while studying at the college. If you have lower than a C grade GCSE in Mathematics or English Language, you will be supported to work towards this level.
You will leave the college with a good practical qualifi cation that could lead through to work via an Apprenticeship or to a Level 2 or 3 course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Farnborough College of Technology directly.