Design, Engineering & Construction TLM Level 3 at South Dartmoor Community College
This course is being offered by The Atrium Studio School. The overarching aim is to enable learners to broaden their understanding of technical and professional procedures so they are better equipped decision makers in a technological age. Those seeking careers in a digital built environment will have an appropriate grounding in collaboration and BIM techniques to enable them to make rational decisions about their progression routes into employment in this sector.
Subordinate aims include:
- developing the knowledge and skills needed for employment.
- gaining practical experience needed to underpin lifelong learning.
- increasing the knowledge needed to transfer skills and understanding between contexts.
- reinforcement of learning in the core subjects of English, mathematics and science.
- developing practical skills in creativity and problem solving in technological contexts of personal interest.
- developing an understanding of their place in the community and society.
- developing safe, secure and responsible attitudes to working with other people.
- developing the skills for working collaboratively with IT.
- developing knowledge in the field of critical evaluation and feedback.
5 GCSE passes at grade C or above to include English, Mathematics and Science.
The qualifications at Level 3 have two assessment components.
- 1. Coursework assessed in terms of competence in practical areas where knowledge and understanding can be applied in real and motivating contexts.
- 2. An externally set and externally marked examination to assess knowledge and understanding that underpins user competence. The qualifications are unit based. The Award consists of one unit, the Certificate consists of three units.
An A* Certificate in DEC provides you with 70 UCAS points and can help to provide entry to related University courses. In relation to the specialism provided by the Atrium Studio School, DEC can help to support entry to careers and further study, related to the built environment.
This course is delivered by the Atrium Studio School. The Atrium offers an inspiring learning environment that stimulates creativity and collaboration. Based in a brand-new, architect-designed building, Atrium’s state-of-the-art facilities will be accessed via a dynamic mix of break-out spaces and studio rooms.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Dartmoor Community College directly.