Intermediate Apprenticeship in Barbering at Rotherham College
Hair, Beauty, Media Make-up and Nails 148 Hair, Beauty, Media Make-up and Nails Could you cut it as a hair stylist or shape a career as a nail technician?
Can you use a stroke of creativity to make waves in the make-up industry?
Do you dream of exploring the world, offering the latest treatments as a beauty therapist?
Then make sure Rotherham College is your first step into the hair, beauty, media make-up and nail industry. Our Inspire Salons and Nail Bar will provide you with the perfect training environment to work with real clients to gain the required knowledge and skills you need to progress your career.
By working in partnership with many local theatre companies, businesses and schools, you are given the opportunity to put your skills to the test in a working environment.
Be it transforming young wannabe actors into the theatre’s favourite characters; creating ghoulishly gruesome zombies for charity events; or adding glamour to the runway for fellow students’ fashion events – the possibilities are endless. You’ll participate in competitions such as Matchfit, The National Federation of Hairdressing, Warpaint Make-up and World Skills UK. The competitions provide you with the chance to enhance your CV, develop your talent and test your skills in a range of techniques to demonstrate excellence in your chosen trade.
This Apprenticeship is for people who are employed in a salon full-time who will then attend College one day a week. Because the qualification is work-based, you will develop your skills within a commercial setting.
What will I study?
• Consultation • Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
• Cutting hair using barbering techniques to create a variety of looks
• Style and finish men’s hair
• Cut facial hair in to shape
• Shaving services
What added value will I receive?
• You will have the opportunity to attend master classes. Workshops will also be available in subjects such as ear piercing, nail art and many others
• You will also be encouraged to take part in educational visits and competitions
• Work experience
• GCSE grade D or above in English or equivalent
• Hairdressing Level 1 or equivalent
• Excellent communication skills and commitment to the course
• Attend an interview and practical workshop with the course tutor
• We can help you find the employment you need to start this Apprenticeship within a salon
• Assessment after each unit of study
• Portfolio work
16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees. Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay fees. Contact the Enquiries on the details below for advice and guidance on:
T: 01709 722777
You can continue upon your chosen pathway of hairdressing by progressing on to the Advanced Apprenticeship in Hairdressing.
For more details please contact the Enquiry Team on:
T: 01709 722777
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.